| Fratelli Tutti Has 5 takeaways – these are important actions
1. Strangers are neighbours and friends not yet met. Pope Francis invites us to consider each fellow human being as a neighbour, someone to be encountered and loved for their own sake—despite physical or cultural differences.
2. Difference should not be feared—differences in race, social status, ethnicity, gender, ability and political thought should not be feared. Pope Francis imagines “a love capable of transcending borders” and a commitment to serving the vulnerable, the poor, the disabled, the elderly and the migrant.
3. You are not what you buy or post—the Pope reminds us to resist “throwaway culture” life is not about getting rich or how many likes we get, he appeals to our deepest core, with the richness of our gifts and areas of growth, and as sisters and brothers striving toward something greater than us.
4. Politics requires listening—Listening is essential to engender dignity in politics. He promotes concepts of encounter, love and social friendship.
5. Everything is connected—He points to the work of those on the frontline during the pandemic and how they understand that “No one is saved alone.” He invites us all to dream together and to have hope for a future of greater peace, love and justice.
WE MUST ALL WORK TOGETHER TO END WARS AND WORK TO SAVE OUR COMMON HOME
|Greenpeace works to protect this world from the exploitation of humanities greed and selfishness: Their Facebook page <https://www.facebook.com/greenpeaceuk>|
If you do one thing well each day, then you work to change the world. If you stop one bit of plastic getting into the environment you move to save the world. Please tell supermarkets not to wrap foods in plastic.
PRAYER FROM THE NEW ZEALAND PRAYER BOOK (a reflection on the Our Father)
Eternal Spirit, Earth Maker, Pain-bearer
Source of all that is and that shall be, Father and Mother of us all, Loving God, in whom is heaven: The hallowing of your name echoes through the universe!
The way of your justice be followed by the peoples of the world! Your heavenly will be done by all created beings! Your commonwealth of peace and freedom sustain our hope and come on earth. With the bread we need for today, feed us. In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us. In times of temptation and test, strengthen us. From trials too great to endure, spare us. From the grip of all that is evil, free us. For you reign in the glory of the power that is love, now and for ever. Amen